Monday, June 15, 2009

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

In one week I will be embarking on a new adventure and my dream trip of a lifetime. I will be joining several friends and classmates through the International Program at Florida State University on a trip to Europe. We will be taking a multimedia course, which is the last class in my endeavor to obtain my Master's degree in Information Studies. What could be better than having the backgrounds for our pictures set in London, England and Paris, France?

Well, how about the Swiss Alps or Venice, Italy? That's right, after my FSU experience in London and Paris I will be staying in Europe to continue my journey with Jeannie, a close friend and fellow classmate. We will both be experiencing Europe for the very first time, and could not be more excited about finishing our program in such picturesque settings.

Each day I will be sharing and reflecting on my adventures as I begin my travels abroad. Please visit often, and join me in discovering a few more chapters of my book...

6 comments:

  1. I hope that you take the Chunnel under the English Channel. Don't miss the replica of the Globe Theater in downtown London. It is the setting of the movie Shakespeare in Love. My favorite site in London is the Eiffel Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add the Globe Theater to my list. We will be traveling under the English Channel and I am thrilled! I can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower. I hope we get to take some night pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila - I really like your blog - it's got personality plus. We'll be meeting soon - I'm jetting out tomorrow - see you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat - Thanks a bunch! I like the background on yours...really neat, and the video was great! Jeannie and I will be flying out Monday, so we'll actually see you sometime on Tuesday - looking forward to finally meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila,
    Great blog! Mary Lou gave me the address to your site! Have the time of your life! I hope you got to see the Royal Shakespearean Actors! It was phenomenal when I was there. You are going to be blown away by the Louvre in Paris but be sure to go to Montmarte (spelling is wrong I am sure) Have your picture done by one of the artist! I still have mine 32 years later!! Have a blast! Peggy

    ReplyDelete