Thursday, June 18, 2009

There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror. ~Orson Welles


Well, after a farewell dinner with family at Joe's Crab Shack last night, and a farewell dinner with friends at The Cheesecake Factory, I'm ready to get on board. I'm not sure if boredom and terror are the ONLY two emotions, but I am well prepared to experience both of these, among many others. I am one of those people who begin and end a flight with a reverent prayer and my hands gripped tightly to the armrests. Well, maybe terror is too strong of a word, but definitely a feeling of anxiety. Once I'm in the air, I'm fine, and I'm sure many of you can relate to that. We will be flying nonstop on British Airways. This will be my first time on a plane that has more than one aisle. I hope an additional aisle correlates to additional leg room. :D It's an eight hour flight, so I'm sure my emotions will run the gamut. Well, we're preparing to board. The next time I post I will be in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment