Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 19 - Versailles - Lines!,Lines! Everywhere lines!







Today we visited the Palace of Versailles. The lines were LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! Seriously long. Like, worse than Disney long! Because of that I'm BEEEEEEEEAT! So, you can click on the link if you want to know more about this lavish palace of King Louis XIV. Otherwise, just look at my pictures to get an idea of my day.

My favorite part of the palace was the Hall of Mirrors and the Gardens, which included sculptues, flowers, manicured lawns, fountains, the preferred home of Marie Antoinette, and a Grand Canal. Oh, it's good to be king!

This last photo is my favorite of the day. Out of the thousands of people who visited the Versailles today, this lovely girl found a place of solitude atop a castle wall reading a book. I'm sure her parents were in a line somewhere! (I did a fresco effect on the picture to make it look like a painting.) Also posted a cropped view.

1 comment:

  1. This technique is wonderful. I have never seen it before. Thanks again for keeping me entertained and informed.
    PJS

    ReplyDelete